Be A Mission Today Unit
Congregation & Town: ____________________________
Reporter Name: ____________________________
UMW Membership: ____________________________
Phone / EMAIL Contact: ____________________________
Let us know how you are doing Mission Today! Use this form to report what sorts of Mission related activities are parts of your UMW experience. Please complete the report by writing yes or no by each possible item listed below. Include activities completed or scheduled between January 1st and December 31st of this year (2013). Units with membership of 15 or less, who complete at least 4 actions (2 of which are marked with an asterisk *), will be recognized as a Mission Today Unit. Units with 16 or more members will be recognized when they report completion of at least 8 actions (4 of which are marked with an asterisk*). All of you are doing Mission – so we want to hear from everyone!
Return completed reports by December 15th.
Write “yes” or “no” beside each Mission Action that UMW is sharing in your congregation, community, country or world.
1. *Use the Prayer Calendar regularly at Circle, Unit, Executive, or Church Council meetings to learn about and pray for persons in mission and their ministries.
2. *Incorporate at least 2 programs from the Program Book into Circle, Unit, or Congregational meetings or programs during the year.
3. *Incorporate at least one of the Mission Studies from School of Christian Mission into programs for your Circle, Unit, or Congregation during the year.
4. *Make a Pledge to Mission and reach that goal for Mission Giving.
5. *Have at least 2 Members who subscribe to Response Magazine.
6. *Add at least 2 new members to UMW.
7. *Implement the Charter for Racial Justice through at least 1 of the actions described below
________ Sponsor or participate in event that welcomes groups from 2 or more ethnic or cultural backgrounds
________ Recruit women of diversity to be Members and Officers
________ Read books that provide insight into a variety of cultural, racial, and socio-economic experiences. Create an event or opportunity to share new understandings or ideas, etc.
________ Write to elected officials in support of issues such as immigration/civil rights, solutions to poverty, health care, education, etc.
________ Have at least 1 Member (not a District or Conference Officer) participate in the UMW Online Community for the Charter on Racial Justice Policies.
8. *At least 1 Member (not a District or Conference Officer) attends the weekday or weekend event of Conference School of Christian Mission.
9. *At least one Woman from your Congregation participates in the United Methodist Women Action Network
10. *Write to five or more persons in Mission listed in the Prayer Calendar at least once in the year.
11. *Plan and offer an informational and invitational UMW Event for all the Women in your congregation.
12. At least 1 woman from your Congregation serves as a District or Conference Officer.
13. Bring your Pastor to the Conference School of Christian Mission.
14. At least 2 Members (not District or Conference Officers) attend/participate in one or more of the following events:
________ Minnesota Conference Annual Meeting
________ District Annual Meeting
________ District Intro to Mission u Studies
________ Mission u Too at the Conference School of Christian Mission
15. Plan and Offer a Children’s’ Sabbath at your Church or in a Community Setting. Use materials from the Children’s Defense Fund.
16. Celebrate UMW Sunday using materials provided by the MNO Team and distributed on the Conference UMW Website.
17. At least 1 Member completes one of the Reading Program plans and reports on at least one of the books read.
18. Have a Book Review Event or Book Club that shares 2 or more books from the Reading Program in the year.
19. Contribute to ALL 5 channels of Mission Giving to become a 5-STAR UNIT.
20. A District or Conference Officer (not a Member of your Congregation) attends at least one meeting or presents a program at your Church.
21. Share information from Response Magazine at each meeting.
22. Learn about National Mission Institutions (like Emma Norton Services) and involve your Congregation in providing support through material donations.
23. Plan an UBUNTU Mission Opportunity for Members of your Congregation to learn about a Ministry and provide service at a soup kitchen, food shelf, children’s program or create/implement your own Ministry WITH neighbors In need.
24. Publish the website information for UMW Online (www.umwonline.net) regularly in your Church Newsletter or Bulletin.
25. 1 or more Women from your Congregation becomes a participant in an online community at the UMW Website.
26. Exceed your UMW Pledge for Mission Giving
United Methodist Women shall be a community of women whose purpose is to know God; to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the Global Ministries of the Church.
Mail the Completed Report to YOUR DISTRICT Coordinator for Education and Interpretation by December 15th!
Big Waters District Education & Interpretation
Kay A. Walker
16057 71st Street NE
Otsego, MN 55330